Spanish Course for foreigners
66th Spanish Course for Foreigners 2021
From 25th January
to 15th March 2021
- Hours: 41h (21h of online conversation + 20h of online teaching)
- Timetable: Monday and Wednesday
- Level A2- 9:00 -10:30h
- Level B1- 11:00-12:30h
- Fee: 250 €
Basic knowledge of the Spanish language is required to participe in this course (minimum A2).
- You should first do an online placement test (writtenpart).The test is very quick and simple to do, and is simply there to establish the point you are at in your language learning before starting your classes.
- Once completed, you must make an appointment for the oral part, which you can do via Google Meet. We will confirm the appointment by email.
- After that, you will be informed of your level and you can fill in your registration form in this link.
- Finally, you can pay the enrolment fees via bank transfer to this current account number: ES 32 3076 0450 45 2079583726 or in cash (in Oficina de Instituto de Estudios Hispánicos, C/ Quintana, nº18 , Puerto de la Cruz).
- Computer, mobile device or tablet.
- Internet connection.
- Sound system (audio and microphone).
Request an appointment for the oral level test (by Google Meet)
Information and Enrolment:
Instituto de Estudios Hispánicos de Canarias
- C/Quintana, 18. 38.400 Puerto de la Cruz. The Canary Islands – Spain
- Contact Information: Telephone: +34 922 388607 / E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
The courses are given by teachers who have graduated in philology and that are specialists in teaching Spanish as a foreign language. They have gained a wide experience from their extensive professional careers in working at different levels with foreigners of different nationalities The methodology used in these courses follows the latest communicative tendencies, the principal objective of which is to develop the pupil’s capacity to communicate in different areas of everyday life. To achieve this objective, a dynamic of interactive groupwork is used in the classroom. Also used are different types of activities to work on the wide variety of content necessary to train in a language as well as, of course, the practice of strategies for both comprehension skills and for oral and written expression (speaking, writing, listening, reading and interaction), which allows pupils to develop their capacities and strengthen their autonomy in learning, in and out of the classroom. All of this is done using a wide range of printed materials and suitable audiovisual resources and means.
Levels and General Objectives:
The teaching of Spanish in our centre is structured into different levels or modules of knowledge and ability. There is a reduced number of pupils per group.
- A-1: Pupils will be able to understand and express themselves in spoken and written Spanish using basic resources in day-to-day situations which require a direct exchange of simple information.
- A-2: Pupils should be able to use simple resources in different kinds of general situations which require exchanging of information and expressing personal attitudes.
- B1.1: Pupils should be able to express themselves in spoken and written Spanish with a reasonable level of correction and suitability in many diverse situations which may require complex linguistic operations.
- B1.2: Pupils show a high level of correctness, using complex expressions and having a good command in any linguistic situation within their own personal experience. They can also respond in a suitable way in unfamiliar situations.
The Instituto de Estudios Hispánicos de Canarias is an institution devoted fundamentally to the dissemination of Canarian culture. For years, the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language has been part of its cultural activity. The first Spanish course was run in the year 1953 and the centre, therefore, was one of the pioneers, at a national level, of this kind of teaching.
The Spanish course is aimed at foreigners visiting or living on the island who are interested in learning or improving their knowledge of the Spanish language in its Atlantic variety as well as gaining a more in-depth knowledge of the culture of the Canary Islands.
The course is run in collaboration with the Servicio de Idiomas de la Fundación Empresa, University of La Laguna and is also backed by Puerto de la Cruz town hall.
At the end of the course, students who have attended 80% of the classes will obtain the corresponding certificate that accredits it.